There are some Japanese sweets shops and cafes in SADO Island, and “SHIMAYA” is one of them.
It has opened since 1808, and has many sweets made of SADO products such as SADO rice, adzuki bean and water.
This shop is famous for “SAWANE DANGO/dumpling” using homemade sweet bean paste and roll cakes using local eggs.
And the “SHIMAYA CAFE” is located in “Kanai”, in the middle of the island.
You can buy some sweets as souvenirs here, too.
Lunch menu is available from 11:00A.M. to 3P.M., and there are 4 choices.
- SADO rice flour spaghetti of Tomato&Mushroom with salad and a cup of soup, 950yen tax included
- SADO rice flour Carbonara with salad and a cup of soup, 900yen tax included
- SADO rice flour spaghetti of Japanese littleneck clam, mushroom and Green Shiso leaf with salad and a cup of soup, 920yen tax included
- An omelet & a sausage of SADO Henjinmokko with 2 slices of bread and a cup of soup, 880yen tax included
I ordered “An omelet & a sausage of SADO Henjinmokko with 2 slices of bread and a cup of soup” the other day.
The sausage of SADO Henjinmokko is very juicy and tasty, and the Omelette is so soft.
The sweeets there looked delicious, so I ordered homemade sweet red-bean soup with a cup of green tea.
This well cooked sweet red-bean was so smooth and has refined sweetness.
It was raining when I went there and a little chilly, but this hot soup made me warm and relax.
Cafe 10:00A.M.-7:00P.M.（L.o 6:00P.M.）
Lunch 11:00A.M.-4:30P.M.（L.o 2:30P.M.）
– Closed: Irregular
– Payment: Cash, Credit Card（VISA, MASTER, Diners Club, American Express, UnionPay, JCB）
– Free Wifi: Available
– The closest bus stop: 3min walk from “Kanai st” or 1min from “SADO Byoinmae st”on #1